Playing the game.
The game starts with a line out, in which the players line up sidebyside. The umpire then throws
the ball in over the player's heads. Players can catch the ball in their rackets or pick up the ball from the ground, and
then ride with it. The players pass the ball between themselves until the number one player has the ball in the goal scoring
area. Players cannot carry the ball over the penalty line; instead they must either pass it to another player or bounce it
so they are not in possession as they cross into the goat scoring area.
When in possession of the ball, the player must carry it on the stick side. So, if you carry the stick
in your right hand, it must be carried on the right hand side. Players are allowed to catch or pick up the ball from the nonstick
side, but must return the stick to its correct side immediately. Here are a few ways to get the ball from your opponent:
* Hitting their stick, in an upwards motion, to dislodge the ball from their net.
* Using your stick to prevent the other rider from catching the ball, which must also be done in an upwards
* Riding off against another rider to prevent them getting to another player, or area.
Some Banned Moves!
* Sandwiching your opponent between two players.
* Crossing in front, or elbowing the other player.
* Stopping over the ball to prevent play!